I am passionate about helping people to be the happiest, healthiest and 'best selves' that they can be!
Sometimes when people have felt and believed a certain way about themselves, others and the world for nearly their whole lives, it can feel surprising when they realise how different life can be and how quickly life changes for the better.
Clients may barely believe how much potential for change there is and have asked me in both a business and a personal context "is it possible not to..?" or "does anyone not..?". I'm always delighted to tell them that YES, there are people and companies who either never had the same problems (and had different ones) or have overcome them and live happy successful lives.
I find Dr Brene Brown's work to be useful in helping to illustrate what is possible in the world for all of us. Dr Brown developed 10 guideposts to living a wholehearted life from her extensive research demonstrating the common humanity of our experiences and the potential for how life can be lived.
10 Guideposts to Wholehearted Living are:
1. Cultivate Authenticity – Let go of what people think about you
2. Cultivate Self-Compassion – Let go of perfectionism
3. Cultivate a Resilient Spirit – Let go of numbing and powerlessness
4. Cultivate Gratitude and Joy – Let go of scarcity
5. Cultivate Intuition and Trusting Faith – Let go of the need for certainty
6. Cultivate Creativity – Let go of comparison
7. Cultivate Play and Rest – Let go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as self-worth
8. Cultivate Calm and Stillness – Let go of anxiety as a lifestyle
9. Cultivate Meaningful Work – Let go of self-doubt and “supposed to”
10. Cultivate Laughter, Song, and Dance – Let go of being cool and “always in control”
[BROWN, B (2012), Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. 2nd Ed. London. Penguin]
Can you imagine how life could be if you, your boss or your colleagues cultivated all of that good stuff and let go of all of that which doesn't help you live the life you want to live? If that sounds good to you, I'd love to help you on your journey!